Thursday, June 26, 2014

Time Flies

I can’t believe it has already been a full four weeks since I started this internship! I really don’t even want to leave.

Monday, we had a meeting with Hood panel members. The panel is made up of mothers who give us ideas of themes for magazine issues and individual articles. They basically decide what to focus on for future magazines. It was a very great meeting, and I think that with all our brains put together we came up with really good ideas.

This is the conference room where the meeting was held.
After the meeting, Jillian and I created a social media report. Basically, we planned out all the Facebook posts and Twitter tweets the Hood magazine will put out for the entire month of July. It wasn’t easy, but it was fun creating it.

After such a productive day, things were bound to go wrong, and they did. Steff was informed that things went wrong at the printers, and we spent some time trying to correct the errors. Also, a lot of other things got messed up, and it turned from a great day to a stressful pain in our butts.

The day was made better when Steff bought me a brownie from Panera. Yum.
Wednesday was a productive day. I sent the MED Magazine mailing list I have been recently working on to the person it was done for. I also wrote an invoice notification letter and mailed those with overdue invoices to advertisers. A random job I was given was to write Thank You cards for a group of businesspeople Steff golfed with at the South Dakota Lions Eye & Tissue Bank Charity Golf Tournament. I sent those out in the mail along with a picture of them together, a business card, and the latest issue of MED. After that, I flipped through various magazines to get ideas for future articles and photo shoots.

Folding invoices and getting ready to mail.
I worked from home on Thursday and researched ideas for future magazine issues of Hood. It wasn’t that fun, because I was just staring at my computer looking up different events, article topics, and picture ideas. However, I came up with a full six pages of ideas and got to work in my PJ’s. You can’t beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment