Friday, August 8, 2014

Great Summer? Check.

This is final week in the office. I told myself to take a deep breath, and smile. It has been an amazing summer.

Monday started out slow, but that was great, because I got a chance to talk to Steff and Jillian a lot about random things. Jillian and Steff both told me that they love my writing style, and that they would love if I would write more articles for the magazine. Jillian also told me that I am more than just an intern, and she was concerned about her well-being when I'm gone (in a joking way). While talking, I did random tasks including personal payments and RSVPs for Steff. I then was told to deliver more Hood magazines to all of the seven Hy-Vee grocery stores in Sioux Falls. I got a little scared on the way back to the office, because I saw a funnel cloud near the office. Yikes! Thankfully, the funnel cloud didn’t amount to anything. I came back to the office and proofed the next issue’s event pages. Then my day was done!


Friday was bittersweet. It was my last day in the office. I used that whole time to proof 39 pages of the Edit Report in a Word document for the September issue of Hood. It was every article we have for the issue. I also proofed the menu and events calendar for the print issue.


I then uploaded photos we received from the photo shoot to the magazine Dropbox account. The pictures from that day in the park turned out great! By the time I finished that, it was time for our team meeting. So, we headed to the conference room for the last meeting ever (for me). We finalized details and set up times for proofing the magazine next week. We also talked about future issues and events that did not pertain to me. After the meeting, we said goodbyes. I will still see Steff and the design director, Ally, next week when we make edits to the magazine. Still, this was the formal goodbye for everyone else. After meeting with Ally next week, Steff said she wants to take me wherever I want to eat for a last hoorah. Gosh, I love her. Not just because she feeds me well, but because she's a great boss and great person.

Steff, Me, Jillian
Ally, Me, Hannah
In the short span of just ten weeks, I have fallen in love with my summer internship, and I’m sad to say that it’s over. These amazing ladies have taught me more than any classroom could. For that, I am eternally grateful. I’m going to miss this place, and I hope to stay in touch with these remarkable people.

Check out Hood Magazine's digital issues and look for the September issue when it comes out. I wrote the cover story along with a couple other articles!

Later, blogosphere. I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment