Sunday, August 3, 2014

Winding Down

I got to the office on Monday before Steff was there, so I didn’t have anything to do right off the bat. So, I was nice and put together Jillian’s new desk chair. It took a while, and when I was finished, I sat in it and it felt funny. I then realized that I put the seat on backwards. Ugh! So I had to unscrew everything, flip it around, and screw everything back in. It was a pain, but Jillian’s reward for me was to have the chair all day today. I’m thinking about keeping it for the rest of this internship.

It's love.
Steff arrived, and I then got down to business. I mailed out a thank you note from MED to a client. I updated the MED client mailing list. But, that is when Steff left for a meeting, and Jillian suggested that we go to Cherry Berry for frozen yogurt. There is no way I could turn that down. So, we went, and Steff never found out. That is, until Jillian confessed.


I created and printed out return address labels, picked a winner for anything contest (this time being for an inflatable bounce-house rental), and organized the office because things were getting out of hand again. By that time, Hannah was there ready for out meeting. 


Steff ordered Jimmy John’s for us (yum!), and we sat down and talked about future article ideas. I’m starting to love those brainstorming sessions. We have ideas laid out all the way until February 2015. So, I think we’re doing well!

Wednesday morning I met with Charie (who I'm writing the cover story on) for a follow-up meeting. We basically went through my draft of the story and I asked a few additional questions. When we finished, I went back home and made changes to the story. It's turning out to be really great, and you're not going to want to miss it!

The Outdoor Campus in Sioux Falls was having an event called Outdoor University on Saturday. Hood was there and had kids make bird feeders out of pipe cleaners and Cheerios. It was simple, and of course, the kids loved it. After helping out with that, I went canoeing in the pond at the Outdoor Campus. It was part of the event, and let me tell you, it was super fun. I now want to buy a canoe, and I want to go to this event next year. It’s free!


No comments:

Post a Comment