Thursday, July 17, 2014

Easy Week

Monday started off the week with me running around Sioux Falls finishing up delivering our campaign materials to companies. 

This was all that was left Monday. Doesn't look like a lot to deliver, right? Well, there were still 30 stops to make!
It was a much better day, because I created a route, Jillian helped with some, and it was a gorgeous day outside. 


Words cannot express how glad I am to be finished with the delivering fiasco.

Jillian even bought me a cookie!
For the rest of the week, I worked from home. Tuesday I wrote the copy of the media kit PDF file into a Word document and sent it to Steff so our design director can create this year’s media kit. ‘Hood conducts a reader survey, records the answers, and includes them in the media kit. I took some time to think of the some survey questions that aren’t on there already that would-be great for Hood to have. 


I then used the rest of the day to research the cover story I will be writing. I read through a lot of information and came up with interview questions to ask. I also thought about how I would like to do the interview. Face-to-face would be great, but it is easier to do it by email. I want to write the story as basically prose. Hood has been doing cover stories as Q&A, but they want to move away from that. The best way to do that, though, would still be through email. Since I would not be able to write down answers to my questions word for word, getting a quotation from an email would be easier and more reliable. The last thing I did for the day was email the person I am writing my story on to let her know who I am and what my intentions for an interview are. I hope I can do this piece justice.

Wednesday was a pretty relaxed day. I emailed a list of interview questions for my contact to answer. If I have any additional questions once I get the responses, I will most likely meet face-to-face and do a follow up session with her.

I then spent Wednesday and Thursday laying back and reading magazines. I was working, though! I flipped through various parenting magazines to spark ideas for upcoming themes and articles for Hood. I came up with some pretty good stuff, and I hope they get used!


No comments:

Post a Comment