Saturday, July 26, 2014

Warm Weather and Wild Times

It was hard getting my butt to the office Tuesday since I spent a week working from home. That time away from the office was nice, but I knew it was time to get there. Steff texted me previous to the work day and told me said had things for me to work on. However, it was honestly something I could have done at home. 

In the office, I spent hours scrolling through Pinterest to find picture and article ideas. Then, Steff wanted me to figure out a way to print my created board of 78 items. I tried and tried, but the sheets kept printing out funny and cut off pictures. I Googled how to do it, but no websites were very helpful. So, I had to print the screen and paste it into a Word document to print. So, I would hit the print screen button, paste it into Word, crop, and resize it. Then I would scroll down on the Pinterest board and repeat those actions eight or so times. That was a pain in the butt.

My last task was to update an Excel spreadsheet of past MED issue information. I added specific article and ad information from the June and July/August issues. That task, surprisingly, took a lot less time to accomplish than the whole Pinterest debacle. I packed up my things, and just as I was about to leave, I saw a current issue of the Family Fest magazine on Steff’s desk. I had just recently written the copy for the two-page spread Hood was going to have in there. So, I flipped through and found it. I think it looks great.


We met at a park in Sioux Falls on Wednesday for a photo shoot. At first, it wasn’t bad out, but then it started to really warm up, and I was cookin’ and eventually got a bit of a sunburn (oops). Still, it was a blast and completely successful. I was in charge of having parents/guardians sign release forms for any child in the photo shoot that was under the age of 18. I also kept the list of all the photos we wanted to shoot, including the ideas I found on Pinterest the previous day, and told the photographer which ones were next. I also helped with props and making sure everything looked great. 

Our talent getting ready for a yoga pose.
Heading down a path that leads to the river.
Taking more pictures. On the left (far back) is the lady I will be interviewing, Charie.
Being a magazine photo star is apparently a tiring task.
After the park, we went to the photographer’s studio and took more pictures indoors. That was great, because I had time to cool off on such a hot day. I was so proud that most of my ideas were used.

Photographer, Kristi, directing the two girls how to pose.
Every time Hood has an event, it rains. Saturday was no exception. It was pouring in the morning, and I thought that by the time I had to be at the Family Fest event in Sioux Falls, it would have been canceled. But, rain or shine, the event still goes on. By the time I got there, the rain had stopped. It turned out to be a fun day! Our booth was a place where children could make their own music.


We provided maracas, spoons, and drum sticks that they could use along with cookware and other fun objects they could create music with. They loved it, and seeing their smiles was the best part of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment