Monday was a slow start to the week, but I kept busy. Steff and I finalized everything for the next day of delivering our Christmas in July materials. I cut out more cards and punched holes in the top left corner of the 85 cards, business cards, and magazine issues. I then worked with Steff to create the delivery list specifying who would deliver where. That took the rest of my time in the office.Tuesday was pretty awful in terms of stress. Steff texted me in the morning and said that the business we were getting our cookies from for Christmas in July had their oven break, so the cookies would not be done on time. We ended up heading to the office to put together marketing material for our family fitness issue.
 |
| Fitness marketing material: card, banana, business card, current magazine issue. |
We then started to deliver those, but did not get anywhere near finished.
 |
| Boxes full of fitness marketing materials. Jillian and I delivered a few together. |
I picked up the cookies once they were ready and headed back to the office to have a meeting with Steff and editor Hannah. We talked about article ideas for the fitness issue. That was when I was told that I get to write the cover story for the issue! I’m super nervous but excited. It’s a great honor, it will be great, and it will get my name out there! I will also be writing another article for the same issue, so that is double exposure. After that amazing meeting, which was the highlight of my day, we bagged cookies and got that marketing material ready to go.
 |
| Christmas in July campaign material. |
 |
| Amazing-looking cookies included in campaign material. |
Issues occurred, but we did our best to deal with them in the most practical matter. I was supposed to be out of the office at 6pm, but I ended up working until 9pm. It was a long, stressful day. And I knew more was still to come in the next days.
Wednesday, I did more delivering. It was very stressful since the delivery list was not sorted out into a route at all, so I did a lot of back-tracking. It took literally all day, and I was exhausted by the end. On the plus side, I got 31 businesses crossed off the list, and Steff told me to keep doing whatever I’m doing because someone I talked to the day before had already called her interested in advertising. So, that’s great! However, I’m still only halfway done. I’m taking a break to relax and lessen the stress load. I’ll get back to delivering next week.
Thursday afternoon, J & L Harley Davidson was hosting Hot Harley family night. Hood was in on the action. I was the first one from Hood at the event, so I checked in at the information table and got the table and chairs we needed and set everything up. They had a tent set up for us, and we had kids of all ages do what is called “yarn bombing.” We basically just had them throw the yarn around, over, and inside the tent. It created a huge web. Kara, the creative ideas director for Hood, came up with the idea and called it a huge art project with no rules.
 |
| The beginning. |
 |
| The end. |
The kids loved it, and it was so simple. Tear down took only about 5 minutes. We just took scissors to the poles and along the top sides of the tent, and it all came down. We rolled it into a pile and were good to go. It was honestly so much fun and was the stress relief I needed.
 |
This is Kara after cleaning up.
 |
Our tent is even on Argus Leader's website
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment